VLab is a privately held research and development company focused on the creation of advanced technology related to the rapidly expanding digital video streaming market, as well as advanced human-computer interfaces.
Incorporated in 2002, VLab has developed a core suite of software and a prototypical system for use in pre-commercialisation and business development.
The VLab System architecture is derived from Neural Network principles of invertebrate and avian vision systems and implemented as a multi-tiered multi-threaded set of intercommunicating subsystems distributed over a digital IP network.
VLab's suite of applications can process distributed data for:
- Streaming Video: (multi-camera, 60,90,180,360 deg cameras, custom compression and image analysis)
- Large Scale Communications Networks: (Video conferencing, MultiPlayer Gaming)
- Large Scale Video Surveillance: (supporting thousands of cameras, tracking object across locations)
The primary VLab software modules, which can be integrated with hardware as turnkey systems/solutions:
- MCE - Multi-Channel Engine (transcoding kernal)
- VPS - Viewer Priority Streaming (network protocols)
- VPTS - Viewer Priority Tracking System (multi object tracking)
- IIIE - Immersive Interactive Image Environment (advanced situation awareness)